>Mark is quite correct when he says that complex e-mail harvesters will
>probably work around these methods, but it appears that most of the
>harvesting is done by very basic programs that are looking only for e-mail
>addresses stored in conventional format.

Indeed, Alan, as I mentioned:

"However, any programmer worth his salt will simply run a recursive loop and
trap for either ..."

"There is no 'secure' format because if a browser can display it, a
programmer can read it. But it'll keep the kids at bay :o)"

There is no doubting professional harvesters will easily circumvent the
obfuscation. This is a damage limitation exercise. In this war of attrition,
any counter-measure is better than none. A 'What's the point attitude' is
defeatist.

Mike Pepper
Accessible Web Developer (with shares in Anadin)
www.seowebsitepromotion.com