On Wednesday, June 9, 2004, at 10:26  AM, Peter Firminger wrote:

Could it be that your site is broken, not the browser? We don't have any
trouble accommodating IE with standards compliant code. I think your taking
the argument too far and blaming the tool.

There are very few issues remaining if you code your page thoughtfully (not
in quirks mode) and ignore the features (like attribute selectors) that
don't work in IE. Get over it.

Giles' original post said

I'm pissed off trying to fix a lump of code that is apparently compliant but breaks in one browser because some halfwit can't be bothered to develop compliant software.

Ironically, he didn't say which browser - but having also suggested that 'we have to live with IE' because of 'market forces', the inference was there.

My answer to Giles was supposed to say, just as you have, 'Get over it.' I obviously have to stop contributing so late at night.

Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/