Chris Stratford wrote:

So its incorrectly loading the media for SCREEN...
and wont load CSS from one method either...
the @import seems not to work...

This is fairly typical of small-screen devices. Since most web developers don't use CSS properly yet, and many of those who do don't create "handheld" CSS, browser developers for small-screen devices have had to work out hacks to attempt to make the site conform to their requirements

That's probably not clarifying matters, but I've only had one coffee today so I won't be firing on all cylinders yet...

Anyway, read this :
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/04/12/index4a.html

It taught me everything I ever needed to know about small-screen dev

Cheers,
Lachlan