Thanks for the reply Justin.

I must have been mistaken about that forced inheritance thing. Would have been nice to have it, though.

Tim

On Thursday, Jun 17, 2004, at 14:33 Asia/Kuala_Lumpur, Justin French wrote:

On 17/06/2004, at 1:11 PM, Tim Yang wrote:

I remember reading about a syntax that when applied to an element would force all the elements contained within that element to inherit the properties of the container element.

Is there really such a syntax? if so, how do I write it?

I tried googling for it, but all I got were pages describing what inheritance was.

You can set a property for all children of a selector with an asterix: #something * { ... }; but this could be overridden by another selector further down the stylesheet, like #something div { ... }.

I don't know of any way to *force* inheritance, or for something to "inherit all parent properties"... usually inheritance is done one rule at a time.

---
Justin French
http://indent.com.au