Ryan Smith spoke the following wise words on 19/06/2004 3:58 PM EST:
Another newbie here. I’ve just sent my site live and wanted some constructive feedback from both designers and developers. The xhtml validates & I’m working on getting it ‘strict’. Although there are a couple of usability issues (like the skip to content misses the folio links) overall I’m happy with it.

Good to see another designer embracing web standards =)

Clean and minimal markup and using JS to insert the decorative graphics. You've let a bgcolor sneak on all the pages though ;)

To guarantee no UAs get confused with the inline javascript you could make it less intrusive by using <script src..> in the header, attach a function (which inserts the image using the DOM) to the body's onload event.

CSS wise you could probably move the CSS hacks into their own CSS file(s). You also might find it more manageable to split up normal.css into different stylesheets for each section then using @import.

Any reason you're using both @import *and* <link>?

Few things I noticed using lynx:
- There's no need for the img descriptions for 'email icon' and 'phone icon' as you have the text 'Email' and 'Phone' directly adjacent to them.
- XHTML link at the bottom not too descriptive. Maybe 'Valid XHTML' or even better 'Validate XHTML'.
- Same for 'more...'
- Confused as to why the 'It's more of the same' link goes to your folio.
- An unorder list for the bottom contact info might be clearer.
- Might want to add a 'title="home"' to your logo link as a link to 'm.ot.s. logo' isn't too accurate.

You also might want to quote the international ver of your mob number +61 423 ... (you never know!)

Seems to serve its purpose well. Nice work!

-- tim lucas

http://www.toolmantim.com