Great. The smoke has cleared.

Thanks Ben !!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Bishop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 2 July 2004 11:38
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] Disapearing list in Firefox 0.9

> I have just put the test page on a web server. The URL is:
> http://www.rba.gov.au/BC_Test/overview.jsp

To find out what was going with your list, I used Pixy's excellent "List Computed
Styles" favelet (http://pixy.cz/blog/favelets/)

Changing the default "font-size" to "display", then "visible" showed no styles
affecting the visibility of the list. But check the "color" and you'll see the <li> is
inheriting the #fff of your a:hover

It's all smoke and mirrors. The list never leaves the page, just camouflaged. White
font color against white background.

You might also rethink colouring your a:hover white.

- ben

This e-mail message (along with any attachments) is intended only for the named
addressee and could contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that any dissemination, copying or use
of any of the information is prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by return
e-mail if you are not the intended recipient and delete all copies of the original
message and attachments.

This footnote also confirms that this message has been checked for computer viruses.