Ted Drake wrote:

From what I've learned,
In the future, xforms will be supported natively in the browser. However, we don't have that support now, so we can get a middleware that will transform the xform into something viewable. Mozquito transforms it into a flash-like file. CHENG transforms an xform into a series of divs and uses id's and classes to make the elements work.

I have made the recommendation to my company to hold off on xforms for at least a
year.  We don't need bleeding edge technology and I'm hoping the browsers will support
it in about a year.  Unfortunately, I think the ball is resting in Microsoft's hands.
When IE supports xforms, we will see the xform transformation begin.

However, I'm no xform xpert and could be passing on a well meaning but incorrect
opinion.

Ted

-----Original Message----- From: Barry Beattie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 5:32 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: [WSG] xforms

hang on Sean, I'm confused.

is it either:

the XFORM transformation is on the server and that pushes out
HTML/JS/CSS to the browser?

or it just sends the XML and XSL for the browser to handle (if so, what
browsers will support this - just Mozilla)?

just trying to get a handle on how useful XForms will be, esp from a
webstandards, supported platforms point of view.

thanx
barry.b