G'day

> So I've read that Scrolling Divs is the way to go vs. iFrames,
> but what about in the case of wanting to call a new page into
> the iFrame?

iFrame is valid XHTML 1 Transitional (and Frameset) but it is not available
in the Strict DTD (and probably won't be available in future recommendations
of XHTML).  To embed a document in Strict,  use the object element.
Something like:

<object data="foo.html" type="text/html" width="500" height="300"></object>

See www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html#edef-IFRAME
And www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#edef-OBJECT

I do recall reading somewhere that it's possible to link a div to an
external source (it used an attribute like "data" or "src") but I think it
was a Netscape-ism.

Regards
--
Bert Doorn,