>> This breaks down though, for references like this in the page for
>> bookmarklets (pardon the length):
>
> but wouldn't you say that bookmarklets are a bit of a
> perversion of the standard, in which case it becomes academic
> to discuss how these can be served in a standards-compliant way?

Oh, I agree completely -- I was just hoping that someone somewhere might
have come across a method that would let me serve it up properly... What
I'll likely end up doing is serve that page as text/html - it's the only
solution that I can see, if I want to serve the rest of the site as
application/xhtml+xml

I won't lose too much sleep over it... ;)

Cheers,
Derek.
--
Derek Featherstone     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 613.599.9784;   toll-free: 1.866.932.4878 (North America)