Maybe a slight stretch, but how about wrapping these related elements
(label, input, etc) up in their own fieldset, and using the legend
for that text (thus associating it with the (input and label within).

<form...>
<fieldset>
<legend>This is the title of your news post
(does not accept HTML input)</legend>
<label...>...</label>
<input..../>
</fieldset>
</form>

Other suggestion: use a title on the input

<input... title="This is the title of your news post (does not accept HTML input)" />

To be honest, I wouldn't get too overly worried about getting the semantics
exactly right in this case, mainly because HTML is a flawed language with very
few general (and a few overly specific) elements with defined semantic meaning
and relationship. Anything that falls outside of that is always going to be a rough
approximation - trying to squeeze the requirement of semantics encountered in the
real-world
into the small, restricitve slots provided by the existing spec. (then again, you could
create your own DTD that adds your own nice custom explanation element to the current
set ;) )

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford