Geoff Deering wrote:
> > I'm quite sure that when the WCAG authors say "absolute" units they
are
> > talking about pixels. If my memory serves me correctly, they more or
> > less say this. Again, it's open to interpretation, but we all know
what
> > they're getting at, really.
>
> No, that is not correct, WCAG directly references the HTML and CSS
> specifications and does not have their own differing interruptation of
any
> of the specifications.

Okay, well I took a quick look and there is no direct reference to
pixels. It is quite clear that the gist is to use ems or percentages
however.
In http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-CSS-TECHS/#units for example:
"...you may position an image to be offset by "3em" from the top of its
containing element. This is a fixed distance, but is relative to the
current font size, so it scales nicely."

> It works for simple layouts, but I don't think it works for complex
layouts
> across multiple users agents.  If it does, can you please show me an
> example.
http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/063/063.css

I don't see what the big deal is. You can just take a pixel-laden layout
and replace values with suitable ems values. Why isn't this realistic?

Mutley

Patrick Griffiths (PTG)
 http://www.htmldog.com/ptg/
 http://www.htmldog.com