Jim Barricks wrote:

I'm in the process of converting over my old CSS/HTML site over to CSS/XHTML standards and
trying to validate. On this page I have an watermark ad on the right side which works perfectly on:
http://www.barricksinsurance.com/jokes_OLD.html

But when I change the DOCTYPE from "DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional" over to "DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional"
the watermark switches over to the right side and stays immobile like this:
http://www.barricksinsurance.com/jokes_NEW.html

Before wondering why the add switchs sides, first clean up the validation errors. Some are really quite simple. By removing the errors you may solve the problem.

If you have a specific error which you don't know how to fix, feel free to ask, but I'm assuming you know how to close empty tags (<... />) and ampersands can't be written normally (&amp;).

One more thing: It may help moving you JavaScript to and external file in order to deal with invalid characters (&, <).