Hi,

Perhaps wireframes make more sense if you think of them as blueprints, or perhaps a sketch in the design process. I often use pencil sketches complete with color void of content when laying out a new site. I also use this approach with colored div's with just a text description of intended content, following the advice of Russ Weakley, when laying out a css design.