Hi Kay,

I have just joined the group and hope it's ok to just jump in....

The site looks good!

On your sample page, the menu performs well. I'm at work on a PC at
the moment (use a Mac at home) and I viewed the page in Firefox, Opera
7 and IE6 and in all cases it drops down not up!

Hope this is encouraging for you and not even more frustrating!  :-)

But (someone correct me if I'm wrong - I'm no Javascript whizz) when a
dropdown menu doesn't behave as expected it is usually because of the
DHTML used.  It will likely have some kind of mechanism built in to
tell the popouts what to do when they are near the edge of (usually)
the window.  Some menus have frustration "behavioural problems" with
this!

But yours seems to work fine for me.

HTH.

Vicki.  :-)

Kay wrote:
> The dropdown menu won't come down over the table, but rather goes up over the header
> - especially on lower resolutions or when the window is not fully maximised.

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004