Hi all,

The Melbourne WSG meeting tonight was held tonight and we had two
very interesting speakers and topics.

Firstly, Woric gave us a presentation on the use of XSL and XML, and
how it can be used to create easy to maintain websites and CMS's for
websites. Woric showed us that using XML and XSL creates true
seperation between the data layer and the presentation layers.

More info about XSL and XML can be found at Worics's website at
http://www.woric.net/xml_XSL.xf

Next, Nigel McFarlane, who is the world's leading professional
commentator on the subject of Mozilla technology, talked about XUL.
XUL is The XML User Interface Language, and is a markup language for
creating rich dynamic user interfaces. It is also native to the
Mozilla browser.

Nigel also dived under the hood in Mozilla and showed us what the
different files and folders in Mozilla do. He explained how easy it
is to customise Mozilla and encouraged us to get in there and tweak,
which is what I'll be doing for the rest of the night!

Nigel's website can be found at http://nigelmcfarlane.com/

Thanks guys for an informative night of topics. I will be posting
notes from these talks on the WSG site in the near future.
Regards,

David McDonald
Web Designer
http://www.davidmcdonald.org

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004