Below is a job opportunity at the company I work for.
Please reply directly to me off list if you are interested.
Permission was granted for this off-topic post by the list organisers.
Apologies for the outlook formatted html email. oh the irony ;-)
cheers, pete

Fairfax Digital is looking for a highly experienced full-time Web Designer to join the Creative Services team, located in Sydney.
Fairfax Digital is one of Australia's largest online publishers with a network of 35+ sites that includes:
We want to speak to you if...
  1. You are first and foremost a standout visual designer. You have a demonstrated ability & proven track record to design large and/or commercial web sites that are attractive, simple and functional. (Include links to examples of your work in your resume). We are looking for a heavyweight Photoshop addict.

  2. You are extremely fluent in taking your designs & hand coding them using web standards (html, xhtml, css) efficiently in a production environment to produce templates ready to be passed onto backend developers. You have a very strong demonstrated ability with css & feel completely at-home using css to its limits to construct page layouts that realise your intended designs, and are accessible & valid. You will need to be a heavyweight Homesite, BBEdit, Dreamweaver (code view) or similar user. (We are a PC based team.)

  3. You thrive in a collaborative team environment with other designers and information architects. We are looking for a dynamo communicator that expresses themselves well in a team, can follow art direction & can also work autonomously with clients/stakeholders on large projects. Your communication & collaboration skills will be as highly regarded as your technical skills.

  4. You have a demonstrated awareness of business and marketing issues and understand their relationship to web design

  5. You have a proven understanding of accessibility & usability and their relationship to web design
Bonus skills that would be highly regarded:
_javascript_, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, XML, vector graphics (adobe illustrator etc)
Salary:
In the range of $60,000 - $65,000

If you meet the above criteria, please apply by:
  1. Sending an email with a cover letter (within the body of an email is fine) telling us why you would like to work for Fairfax Digital and how you meet all the above criteria, along with an attached resume (word doc or PDF no bigger than 1Mb) detailing your qualifications, work history & capabilities.
  2. Important: You must include examples (or links to examples) of your web design work in your resume. Showing us live sites is going to help.
  3. Send the email to me (pottery at fairfaxdigital dott com dott au) by 6pm Friday 17th September '04. note: email address formatted this way to avoid (ok, reduce :) spambots.

Peter Ottery
Head of Design
Fairfax Digital
Level 3 Wharf 7 Pirrama Road