Andy,

If you're based in Oz however you'd be a fool to miss it.

Why, though? The calibre of the people looks fantastic, but would it be worth spending $750 to see them?

I really would love to go if I was convinced that it would advance my web building knowledge hugely, more than (say) this mailing list! I'm desperate for a good enough excuse - and I don't have it yet.

In saying this I do not want to detract at all from the excitement building about the event. And I can see that for someone brand new to web standards this will, as you say, be a "killer" event.

I just want to have a picture painted of the benefits of this event, more than the names, and more than the titles of the events. Maybe others in the WSG are holding back for a similar reason, and might also pull out their wallets if the pitch was good enough!

I'm no guru, but I get by. Is it for me (he asks hopefully)?

-Hugh

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004