Thank you all for your replies!  What a wealth of information and just
what I need.  I really appreciate the time people have taken to reply
- and also the time people have put into creating these resources.  I
haven't had time to look over everything yet (will probably take me
about a year!) but thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

One quick question about Quicktime - my colleague said Quicktime is a
Bad Idea because the file sizes are big and it doesn't have a big
installed base... is this a good enough reason not to use it?  Does
one sacrifice accessibility for some for the convenience of most?
(Which also could be categorised as accessibility too?)  When it comes
to the crunch, is Flash a better alternative?

*Can* you stream Flash content without the Flash server?

Vicki.  :-)

Laura wrote:
> You may find some of this information helpful:
>
> http://www.d.umn.edu/goto/accessibility#multimedia

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004