From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick H. Lauke
Sent: Wednesday, 15 September 2004 5:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] I need advice with following font size standards and IE

haggis wrote:
> Hello;
> What I do is to set the font-size to 100% in my CSS "body" declaration
> and use percentages or em's for all other declarations, that way it
> matters not what size it is on the website or the user text sizing is,
> the user will always see it at his or her settings in their browser.

Only if you don't size it down (percent sizes below 100%, or ems below
1.0) in the following declarations, of course.

Otherwise you could have

body { font-size: 100%; }
p { font-size: 1%; }

;)

Patrick
re.dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively [latin : re-, re-
+ dux, leader; see duke.] www.splintered.co.uk | www.photographia.co.uk
http://redux.deviantart.com

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/  Web standards,
accessibility, inspiration, knowledge To be held in Sydney, September 30 and
October 1, 2004