I have a page where some styles don't display initially in IE5.5. It
works in Mozilla, so as usual it's IE that's the culprit. The page is
here >== http://www.facs.gov.au/_newsite3/pub.htm

The first paragraph is supposed to have a background colour (eg. a
'breakout' box), and the H2 heading should have a bottom border and
background colour.

What happens is that once the page has loaded, if you scroll down and
then scroll up again, the styles are then displayed. Hit refresh, and
they disappear again. Also, I notice that hitting the ALT key makes
those styles disappear.

The funny thing is that this doesn't affect all styles on the page -
only those two.

I've searched for some ideas on this - I know it is a IE bug but
actually knowing how to describe it for a search engine is a bit
difficult.

Any ideas on how to stop this from happening? I though I had finished
all this.

Thanks. The advice from many in this forum to code for standards-based
browsers like Mozilla and then fix up for IE is good advice...

Anura

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004