I use TSWARE
Its AWESOME!

www.tsware.net

built in PHP/CSS/XHTML/JAVASCRIPT syntax hightligher.
it can tell when a PHP doc has PHP and HTML so they are higlighted with their own type.
also HTML with embedded Javascript - it does that too.

built in FTP.
tabbed windows.
project manager - with todo list etc...
validates your pages on the fly...

its great!

*- Chris Stratford*

Leslie Riggs wrote:

I'm currently test driving a free editor, PSPad Editor, which has Top Style 3.10 (trial edition) built-in - you can also get Top Style Lite which is a free version, instead. I'm fast falling in love with Top Style. So far, I'm finding it a pleasure to work with PSPad/Top Style. The best thing about it: it doesn't take up a huge amount of space on your computer, it's fast, and it's feature-packed. Yes, you can write Javascript and PHP files in PSPad Editor, as well as C++, COBOL, Python, etc. It doesn't slow down my machine or crash. It's not WYSIWYG, but you can click to see what your code produces in IE and Mozilla. No more fighting with the program just to get what I want out of it - at last, a tool that lets me concentrate on what I'm trying to accomplish. Just a delight to use.

Leslie Riggs

jEdit:

http://www.jedit.org/

...and be sure to check out the recommended plugins in the jEdit Wiki:

http://community.jedit.org/cgi-bin/TWiki/view/Main/PluginsOverview

Nick

Greetings Every One!
After "1st Page 2000", I'm using "AceHTML 5 Pro" to build websites (info: http://www.visicommedia.com/). It is great for HTML and CSS developer, but not for a programmer who uses JavaScript and PHP.
... I'm getting tired of it :-(
What is your favorite XHTML Editor? (Please note that I'm not looking for WYSIWYG Editors)
Thanks in advance,
Behzad
P.S.
If you have no time, just mention the program's name :-)

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004