I use Dreamweaver MX2004 for site development and SubethaEdit for nuts and
bolts text editing. I know some people are leery of DW because they see it
as purely a WYSIWYG solution, but its code editing tools are robust and its
site management tools can't be matched by any text-editor. And it makes a
decent fist of producing compliant code. I almost never switch it to visual
layout mode these days.

SubethaEdit is impressive, especially given that it's free, and it comes
with a bunch of preset 'pretty print' modules for code colouring in a number
of syntaxes.

By the way Kristof, I use Transmit too, but unlike you I think it sucks, and
is poor in comparison to things like WS_FTP on Windows.

Cheers,
Kevin