I appreciate the discussion on this...really, I do. :) Is there somebody who might be able to help me integrate this into my existing CSS? Am I to understand that I can't have my DOCTYPE set to XHTML (I'm not very well-versed in what "IE Quirk Mode" is)?

Thanks.

~john
Dr. Zeus Web Development
http://www.DrZeus.net
"content without clutter"

john wrote:

After a bit of searching, I found a site that explains how to get fixed positioning in IE. This is great news for me, since I really would like such a thing on the design of one of my sites. Trouble is, I'm having a difficult time incorporating it into my existing CSS, and I'm wondering if there's a kind-hearted soul who could possibly assist me. What I need is both #banner and #tabmenu to stay put (as it does in Firefox).

The site I'm working on is at http://www.drzeus.net/redesign/cslewis/

The page with the CSS code for fixed positioning in IE is at http://limpid.nl/lab/css/fixed/header

My gratitude to any who can help.

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/