Hi All

I found something today that has probably been documented many times but was new to me.

I have a maincontent div and inside it may be an image that is floated left. I wanted
the paragraphs to float around it without having to put the image inside the paragraph
tag.  This worked fine in firefox, but I had a problem with IE. So, I set a width to
the paragraph and that helped IE.

html>body p {width:90%;}

Now this behavior was annoying, but not a major battle.

With IE5 mac, this was destroying the layout. The image was pushing the rest of the
content to the left and forcing the sidebar down.

I guess I could have let IE5 Mac in on the above hack, but instead I placed the image
inside the first paragraph. This settled a lot of layout issues.  Now I am going to
look at our purchase page again to see if this kind of nesting floats is messing up
that area.

I didn't want to put the image inside the paragraph to make it more idiot-proof for
future programmers. However, I've noticed others doing the same, so I am assuming it
is not invalid.

Ted