Francesco--
I'd recommend you first validating your CSS and XHTML before attempting to track down any other issues. This may not solve all of your problems, but it will make the road to enlightenment much more pleasant.

Validate XHTML here:  http://validator.w3.org
Validate CSS here: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/