I'll be reworking the markup and the layout approach they've used ...
it's just that i anticipate they'll have a reason for using the
doctype ... cuz it doesn't jump up there by itself, that i'll need to
intelligently and authoritively discuss with them. Much of the code is
actually generated out of a Struts jsp app. So i'm looking for
resources and experienced opinions ... under what cases should one use
an XHTML doctype - practically speaking ...