First, I have an absolutely positioned DIV that has its overflow set to auto. When the text in the DIV, which fits completely within the boundary of the DIV, is resized up or down from 100% a vertical scrollbar appears in MZ and FF even if the text still fits completely within the DIV boundary. Is there something I can do so that the scrollbar only appears when it is actually necessary? This seems to work fine in IE.

Secondly, in my XHTML I define an A thus:
<a title="Show more information" class="info" href="text.html"></a>

and the CSS for it is:
.info {
   position: absolute;
   left: 890px;
   top: 556px;
   width: 80px;
   height: 30px;
   background-image: url(images/info.png);
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-position: 0 0;
   cursor: default;
}

With IE, but not MZ or FF, if I increase the font zoom to larger than "medium" then a 2 or 3 px border appears under the A (info.png is actually larger than 80 x 30 px). Why is a border appearing?

Andrew Poulos

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004