On Oct 1, 2004, at 14:29, Andrew Thompson wrote:

@media tty {
 i{content:"\";/*" "*/}} @import '/bioie5.css'; /*";}
}/* */
/*\*//*/
  @import "/bioie5mac.css";
/**/

What's with this?

@media tty {
 i{content:"\";/*" "*/}} @import '/bioie5.css'; /*";}
}/* */

The midpass filter by Tantek Celick, a way to serve style sheets to IE 5 or 5.5 only.

/*\*//*/
  @import "/bioie5mac.css";
/**/

serving stylesheets to IE Mac only, aka the iemacbandpassfilter.

On a related note do people use the midpass filter ? And if so, did you experience problems with this ? I have received various reports from people telling me that IE Mac was also reading that CSS file. But I haven't seen a common cause to it. One suspect is the way the style sheet is called: root relative paths seem to work fine. document relative paths seem to cause problems.

If anybody has more on this, I'd like to hear. I can add them to the IE Mac bug list (see sig).

Philippe
--/--\--
Philippe Wittenbergh
blog : <http://emps.l-c-n.com/>
code | design | webprojects <http://www.l-c-n.com/>
IE5  Mac bugs and oddities <http://www.l-c-n.com/IE5tests/>

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004