Hi all.  I'm trying to do something which I know is easy with tables, but of course,
that's not my first preference.  Basically, it's a footer line with an ABN number (for
non-Australians, a business registration number) on the left, and an unordered list on
the right with validation links, an accessibility policy link, etc.

I want it to look like this:

|ABN 72797798055                              |XHTML|CSS|Accessibility|Top|
|_________________________________________________________________________|

Markup currently goes:

 <ul id="standardsline">
 </ul>

And the CSS:

#footer {clear:both;text-align:left;}

#standardsline {float:right;display:inline;}
#standardsline li {display:inline;list-style-type:none;}

I've stripped irrelevant (presentation aside from layout) CSS from that, and the
display:inline in #standards line is probably unnecessary -- That's just me trying to
get it to work.

Currently, it's displaying like this:

|ABN 72797798055                                                          |

which sucks.  Well, not completely, but it's not how I want it to look.

Any suggestions?

Joshua Street
base10solutions

<<winmail.dat>>