On Friday, Oct 8, 2004, at 23:37 Australia/Sydney, Richard Lake wrote:

I've added a "top of page" link as follows:
and related CSS, as follows:
.topl {
float: right;
font-size: .75em;}
a.topl {
color: #660;
text-decoration: none;}
Everything validates (apart from an IE expression that I've removed but made
no difference) yet the "topl" style is ignored and the enclosing div's style
is retained. It can be viewed at http://127.0.0.1/pricklypair/index.php
Can anybody help please.
Thanks
Richard

Sure. You don't have a <a> of class .topl in your code, so the CSS doesn't work. Try

.topl a {
        color: #660 ;
        text-decoration: none ;
        }

...which means that all links within an enclosing element of class .topl will be styled.

HTH

Nick
Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/