I was just reading the article excerpted below and was curious as to how many on the list have used this technique of initially setting all padding and margins to 0 and if so how successful was it?

"A big part of dealing with cross-browser differences is accounting for the default property values of elements in each browser; namely padding and margin. I use the following declaration in every new site I design; it has saved me many hours of nitpicking.

* {
   padding:0;
   margin:0;
}

It doesn’t seem like much at first, but wait till you look at your mildly styled form in 11 browsers to find the positioning identical in all of them; or your button-style lists are perfect the first time, every time."

http://leftjustified.net/journal/2004/10/07/css-negotiation/

Thanks,

Nick