Hello all,

All of us here are interested in the use of web standards for various reasons including the positive impact it has on the user experience.

Add these considerations to the interface design and there's a lot of things to consider with regard to the final impact on the end user.

What I'd like to know is your personal opinion of what you think impacts the user experience both positively and negatively. This might be based on testing you've done, research, reading or intuition, but what I want is your personal ideas on:

1) The 5 most common usability issues that typically hinder a positive user experience.

2) The 5 most common usability issues that typically add to a positive user experience.

    Listing 1 as the highest rating and 5 as the lowest rating.

Also if you could indicate your role (eg web designer, programmer, educator etc) and whether or not you have completed user testing in the past, that would be great.

My intention is to compile all answers and report back to the list once more with the final results. No respondants or the organisation for which they work will be identified personally. The information is being gathered for personal interest only and will not be used in any way for commercial use or profit.

Please reply to me off-list.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa