I have different colored backgrounds on several pages and have put them is the css as follows:

#[name of page] #container {background-color: #dff;}

Then I have

#[name of page] #floatimgleft {background-color: #dff;}

This is OK but I wondered if I could combine the two.

I tried to combine them as follows:

#[name of page] #container #floatimgleft {background-color: #dff;}

but it didn't work. Only the last mentioned (#floatimgleft) worked and (#container) reverted to general background color. Is there a way to combine them - have I left out commas or something?

Thanks

Lyn Patterson

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/