frames, iframes and targets become modules in XHTML 1.1. So they will still be around, but not in the core XHTML DTD.

A brief overview of XHTML and modules can be found here:

http://www.juicystudio.com/tutorial/xhtml/index.asp

./tdw

On 2004-10-26 5:28 PM, Nick Lo wrote:
I had the same question with the same use in mind: web applications.

What you're presumably driving at is that pages look to need be either XHTML 1.0 Transitional or Frameset in order to allow the target attribute. The question that follows from that, albeit somewhat academic at this stage, is where does that leave frames in the future specs?

I'm working on an application that uses iframes in it's admin section so I'm also curious about this, yet haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

Nick