I tried overflow and other things on both the
select and option elements, didn't seem to make any difference in IE

with regards

Steven Faulkner
Web Accessibility Consultant
National Information & Library Service (NILS)
454 Glenferrie Road
Kooyong Victoria 3144
Phone: (613) 9864 9281
Fax: (613) 9864 9210
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

National Information Library Service
A subsidiary of RBS.RVIB.VAF Ltd.

                      Jason Foss

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      .com>                    cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [WSG] that darn IE

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      group.org

                      28/10/2004 10:12

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      wsg

I see what you mean. What happens if you set overflow to visible?

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:55:33 -0700, Ted Drake
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's a question that I haven't seen mentioned very often.  probably
because form elements normally make the strong-willed folks quiver and
those of us that are a bit weaker throw up our arms and scream for our
mommies.  So, here it is.
> We have select boxes that show the entire word on firefox, if the word is
long, it stretches the dropdown to fit it.
> In IE 6win, I don't know about the others at this time, the width of the
dropdown is constrained to a set width and overflow is hidden.
> Here is the appropriate style
> #leftquote select {width:48%; float:left;margin:2px 0; }
>
> You can see the effect on this page http://www.csatravelprotection.com
> look at the destination dropdown in the left side.
>
> Thanks for any feedback
> Ted

Jason Foss
Almost Anything Desktop Publishing
www.almost-anything.com.au
Windows Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
North Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
"We can do almost anything!"