On 11 nov 2004, at 01.40, Jason Foss wrote:

Is anyone aware of a good reference on configuring Apache to serve the
files as the correct MIME type? Something in English would be good - a
system administrator I'm not! Does it need to be set up in a per-site
basis (as they're all set up as Virtual Hosts.) I'm assuming this can
be done with .htaccess files?

Some articles about this have been mentioned already, but here are a few more, though none of them specifically deal with content negotiation in .htaccess files:

[1] < http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200408/content_negotiation/ >
[2] < http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/mime_type.php >
[3] < http://www.autisticcuckoo.net/archive.php?id=2004/11/03/content- negotiation >

Note the function in [3] to convert XHTML to HTML before sending it as text/html.

/Roger

--
http://www.456bereastreet.com/