Laurie Keith wrote:

Hi,

If any of you busy people have a spare 15 minutes, can you give me an honest
evaluation on our new corporate web site.

http://www.createwith.com

I have my own opinions, but I would like to go back to the decision makers
with some independent comments from other professionals.

Regards,

Laurie Keith - Senior Developer

I agree with what has been said before: Why use flash? The site is vary Spartan looking. The site doesn't seem to have much to say. Why make it zoom? ....

While the Flash is loading, you flash a message up on the screen, but it went by so fast I didn't have time to read it. There used to be a rule in the video industry that if you want a viewer to read something on screen, it should be on the screen long enough for you to read it three times. I think a lot of the movie and video industry has gotten away from this rule because I see a lot of things that I barely have time to read once and the trend seems to put writing up for about three seconds and then remove it no matter how long the text is.

Anyway, If the message you displayed "People who create...." is important for me to read, I would suggest you leave it on the screen about three times as long as you do.

Under the Work menu if I select one of the companies you have listed (which was clear I should do until I read someone else's post about looking at company details), there is a <view> button at the top. The button doesn't do anything. Should it? .... Oh, wait, I see that the '<' and '>' are supposed to be arrows. That wasn't clear.

I hope these comments will help,
Carl.

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/