Friday, November 12, 2004, 7:23:40 PM, Ben wrote:

> Could be wrong here, or just showing my age, but I recall standards in
> 1999 saying that underscores were forbidden in class and id names.

I think they were always legal in css as long as they weren't at the
beginning of the name.

However, I'm fairly sure that there is an issue with underscores in
class names in the html

Personally, I avoid them, because I'm not sure where the problem is
- perhaps your question will flush out the answer that has eluded
me for so long!

--

 Iain