> This is relevant in several respects:
>
> Firstly, we have to realise that there are some brain-dead mail
> filtering systems out there, and have to be careful about the words
> we use or quote in emails.

I don't agree, I can be blue to people I know in person but profanity
(including that mild but inelegant word) is simply not appropriate for this
list. We have people of all ages and many cultures/religions including some
clergy that won't appreciate the 'potty-type'.

Don't do it and it won't be a problem. Common sense and courtesy rules and
that means respect everyone.

> Secondly, the people behind these filters need to know that they are
> having their email censored for them.

They probably do.

> Fourthly, we need to be wary of this stupidity spreading to
> HTML filtering.

Maybe.

> What happens when "bottom" is considered too rude by a growing wave
> of prudery? "margin-beneath", anyone?

Now you're stretching :)

> And fifthly, be careful when inventing class names that they won't
> be a rude word in any possible language in the world!

Why would you use anything like that? Why take the chance of embarrassing
anyone?

>  Iain

End of discussion.

Thanks,