I understand the sillyness of class names like 'red' 'blue' 'bold'
'fontname' etc, but what is wrong with assigning multiple class names
to an object?

For example, I have many images on a page, some need a border, others
don't. Some with borders need to also be floated, while others don't.

I achieve this with using multiple classes on the object eg
class="borders floatR" or just class="floatR" for those that don't
need the border, but must float.
Is there an issue with this method or have a missed the point of your post?

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:43:24 +1100, Chris Blown
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Multiple class names, a trap for younger players.... class="arial bold
> red big"
>
> Don't laugh... I've seen it done .. and it was thought cool at the time,
> until they were told otherwise..or cracked over the head, I can't
> recall.. ;)
>
> "and look to make it blue all you do is change the class name to from
> red to blue, pretty cool eh?"
>
> *shivers*
>
> Regards
> Chris Blown