Iain Harrison wrote:
Eh? That makes no sense to me. Body is a child of html.

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is: I use

html { font-size: 100%; }
body { font-size: 0.8em; }

Hi,

First post-- nice to meet you all and thank you for all of the information you share.

I've been using the opposite with fairly decent results across various browsers and settings. This seems to give me at least some consistency in font size without totally taking over the user's preferences or ability to adjust the size.

html { font-size: 76%; }
body { font-size: 1.0em; }

Actually because most of the time I have a container <div>, I usually place the % on the body and the em on the <div>, but I suppose it's the same idea in theory.

--
Best regards,
Michael Wilson