On the topic of CSS versions, this would be *very* invalid under
CSS2.1 as it currently stands, as they've removed @font-face support -
apparently because of a lack of implementations [1]

It *is* fine in CSS3 though, through the web fonts module [2]

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Oct/0154.html
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-webfonts-20020802/#referencing

--
Lindsay Evans