Hi!

Patrick and Andreas, you both are right on one hand. But on the other one it's not so simple. My goal is surely to produce websites, which can be use by everybody and please their eyes.

But is it my fault, that dell or hp ore other produce laptops, which screensize and screen resolution are set to a default which makes it impossible to read a text easy? Is it my fault, that the designers of browsers after about 10 years of webstandards are not able to produce browsers which behave according to those standards? I don't think so. And it's also not my fault, if somebody uses a computer with little knowledge of what he is doing.

To go back to the example from my last post: if someone drives a car without driverlicense and runs into a tree, is that the fault of the car's designer? Have you ever seen a user who reads the handbook before he switches on the comp? I am in the computer business for more then 25 years now. I'm still waiting for that user.

What I wanted to say is that if I try to please every single user in the wolrd, I would spend 95% of my time on special solutions or hacks, which are pleasing only 5% of the users. Nobody will pay me for that 95% time. Ideals are nice in theory, but usely not realy good, when they are put into practice.

So I think instead of spending a mayority of our time in finding solutions for problems, which are not caused by us, we should collect our energy to put presure on browser designers to produce browser which are standard and to hardware designers to not set the default resolution of a screen to what is technicaly possible but to just something, which is compatible with human eyesight.

Lothar