hardware designers to not set the default resolution
of a screen to what is technicaly possible but to just something, which
is compatible with human eyesight.

What size, a pixel?

Engineers have created full-color screens, 400 pixels square, which are smaller than a dime. Certainly setting a monitor made of such things to display 1024x768 by default (the size of a quarter!) would not be compatible with human eyesight.

Font rescalability and sizing a font based on today's technology will be useful on today's technology. But tomorrow is when it will be used. Standards aren't just about helping the blind to read.

Just my little thought on the matter, in no way directed at one person or another, even though I quoted a portion of one person's post.

This has been an interesting, if heated, thread. I think a large part of it revolves around being unable to measure people's default font size. The "arrogance" vs. "idealist" portion of the discussion. So I'm building something to measure the default size of things. Anyone know of someone else that has already done this? I'd hate to duplicate effort.

--

        Ben Curtis
        WebSciences International

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/