The && problem is driving me crazy. I remove them when I can but whenever I get rid of them all it trashes the javascript functions. I wish I know which ones are safe to remove. On the vast majority of the pages, the && things are the last hurdles.

Ack! Don't remove the && unless you know what they do. CDATA is your friend.

<script type="text/javascript"> <!-- // <![CDATA[

   function matchwo(a,b) {
      if (a < b && a < 0) return 1;
      else return 0;
   }

</script>

The XML parser for your XHTML document will ignore anything in a CDATA block, and a browser that doesn't understand the script tag will ignore everything between the comments.

--

        Ben Curtis
        WebSciences International

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/