Hola Manuel, Dejan,

There are pros and cons to using the HTTP header to declare the encoding.
At the W3C we recommend that you always declare encoding inside the
document, whether or not you use the HTTP header.  Unlike something like
language declaration, the meta statement for character encoding declarations
is very widely recognised, and is the only in-document means to declare
encoding for HTML.  If serving XHTML you need to also consider the pros and
cons of using the XML declaration. For more detail, see

http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/tutorial-char-enc/

and

http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/tech-character.html (still
early draft!)