Title: Message
Hey all,

I'm still fairly new to CSS and wanted to validate my CSS before asking some advice from this group, but I keep getting weird errors ONLY when I validate the online CSS file. I'm using the W3C CSS Validation Service: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

I can validate my local copy of the CSS file and receive no errors, however when I try and validate my online version, it has errors everywhere. Actually, I didn't think the items that it's reporting were errors. For example, I'm using % for font-size - but it doesn't like this. It also fails on my shorthand hex colours (ie. #000 instead of #000000).

The XHTML file validates fine, both locally and online.

Here's the relevant addresses:
http://www.lakemac.com.au/new/default.htm
http://www.lakemac.com.au/new/css/screen_home.css

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Paul Hempsall
Web Developer

Lake Macquarie City Council
Tel: (02) 4921 0713
Fax: (02) 4958 7257
Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:
http://www.lakemac.com.au

This information is intended for the addressee only. The use, copying or distribution of this message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the addressee is prohibited by the sender.

Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Council.