Hi,

> Your second example is not valid; <h3> element cannot be
> contained in <dl>

Quite correct but it can be within the <dd>.

> in such way. the first one is ok, but why don't you consider
> such scenario:
>
> <h2>News</h2>
>          <h3>News Name & Date</h3>
>
> or something similar to that. Imho, lists are not really to
> be used in such
> situations.

Sorry Czeslaw, I disagree entirely with this. Definition lists are entirely
appropriate for any name/value set and are quite different to other (ordered
and unordered) lists. A div is far less semantically appropriate IMHO.

A better approach may be:

<h2>News</h2>
<dl id="news"><!-- id only needed if you need to style this differently to
other DLs -->
        <dt>Article 1 name</dt>
        <dd>
        </dd>
</dl>

Then you will have granular control over the style of the decendants of the
#news DL element so you could style (for example) the p element to have no
top-margin and sit up under the date.