Hi Josh

Couple of things I noticed with your code.

First up, you need to change all the repeated divs to classes from ids - divs with an id should only appear once in a page. So in the CSS, "#client" should be ".client" etc.
Having done that, I would suggest that you set:

.client {position: relative; }

and then absolutely position the "imgClient" div within it (always useful to remember that absolutely positioned elements are positioned relative to their containing parent element).
The "infoClient" div can then have a left-margin that allows it to clear the "imgClient" div and keep the content in the document flow. Everything should then slot together nice and neatly.

Another point:
I see no reason for

Why not

<h3 class="topClient">Hotel Name</h3>

That way you will save a fair bit of page weight not only in the XHTML but also
styling 1 element rather than 2 in the CSS.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

BryanDavis.info <http://www.bryandavis.info>

Joshua Leung wrote:

Hi there CSS-Crew..

I have never posted anything on here yet, so please bear with me ..

I'm trying to layout this page in CSS, but I have forced myself not to use
tables, and as you can see the pictures are not aligning with their
corresponding text boxes...

could anyone suggest anything that may be of help?

Also, there seems to be a small 4px gap between the navigation bar and the
background of the content div... how can I get rid of this?

you can have a look at the page here:
http://www.triplejosh.com/work/test/clients.html

sorry also that my Code is all over the place, I've only just started to
learn CSS ...

Thanks for this,
Josh.

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/