Joey wrote:

Hi i am having problems with the positioning of the "Privacy Policy" div tag element *(id="privacy" in CSS)* bottom right of the page. it sits positioned 7px right and 7px bottom if there is no scroller, but if you make the window small so that you get a scroller, then use the scroller to scroll down the page, the "privact policy" *(id="privacy" in CSS)* element doesnt move down the page. my aim is to get this element to always sit bottom right.

I didn't understand the problem quite well, Must privacy policy div be located in fixed position in the bottom right corner of a browser screen? If it is so, you won't do it without JavaScript and onresize and onscroll events, due to limitations of IE's CSS modell. Pure CSS solution is:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<!--:mode=xml:-->
<head>
<title>Test</title>
html, body {height:100%}
body {background-color:#00F; margin:0; padding:0}
#footer {position: absolute;background-color:#f00; bottom:0px; right:0px}
</head>

It works fine in Mozilla and Opera (i've checked it) and of cource it doesn't work in IE (IE doesn't support fixed position)

I hope you guys can help me out. Its a really irritating.

Page: http://www.blumedia.co.uk/developments/o2/q01.htm
CSS: http://www.blumedia.co.uk/developments/o2/styles/f_o2.css

Many thanks

Josef Dunne
Web Developer

*w: *http://www.burninthespotlight.com

Get Firefox!
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=10255&t=82>
THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL OR LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE NOT THE NAMED ADDRESSEE YOU MUST NOT USE OR DISCLOSE SUCH
INFORMATION.